Saturday, September 6, 2008




Thanks everyone again for the pontoon boat. I went fishing today at Green River Lakes, the headwaters of the Green River. Unfortunately there are no photos of fish. I really hoped to catch some big ones so Chris would feel envious of me fishing here but now I only wish he were there to show me what to do to catch one.
Another fisherman told me he saw several moose (mooses? or meese?) this morning in the river. He didn't catch any fish either. There are signs all over warning about taking precautions not to attract grizzly bears. My landlord was out bow hunting for elk not far from here last week. He had to come home early because the bears and wolves were frightening his horses. He claimed that he saw some large grizzly bear tracks near his food cache.

4 comments:

SarahPyrah said...

great pictures! love the chin-a-gin shot. I expect to see your entry in the monthly photo blog to be a motion shot as you run from the grizzlies.

Heather's Pink said...

Sarah said exactly what I was thinking. It is a beautiful area! Enjoy it while you are there.

Luv2Fish said...

Jim, I am jealous. That area is beautiful. I don't know how much I could have been, I haven't had much luck lately myself. Try later in september, dry flies during the middle of the day, large bead head nymphs early in the morning. They should love the wooly buggers with some crystal chenille.

Heather's Pink said...

I hear if you put the fish in your pockets it keeps the grizzlies away. Let us know how it works out.
D