Sunday, September 7, 2008

Photo Blog for the Month


Well, I found the picture that means Anxious to me. And let me tell you I felt muscles tighten in places I didn't know I had muscles when I found this little friend.
To get a perspective on his size, he body was about the size of a half dollar coin and his legs were at least 2 inches each.

A contractor came by as I was taking this little guy's picture and he was kind enough to dispose of him. I am not above squishing spiders, and so the contractor hauled him to the street and stepped on him. In the spirit of horror that this spider represented, he guts squirted out the side of the contractor's shoe and shot for about a foot or so.


The kids wanted to see its dead body and did the crouch, stare, and "EWWW" about a dozen times.

1 comment:

Heather's Pink said...

Impressive. You haven't seen a spider until you have seen them here though. That one would be a normal sized spider. Folks around here call them house spiders and you do find them in your house if you don't spray. In our woods in the back we have all different species and they get pretty big!