Friday, September 19, 2008

Irresponsible Illiterate

I realized recently that I was illiterate due to my own irresponsibility....ohhh that is keepin it real.

I use to read like mad when I was younger: pre-wife, pre-kids . But that ended and I soon just lost touch with what were the current must reads and time to even read a book.

Well, I decided time to change since I need to be a good example to my kids. So starting with the Twilight series, I started to read again. I started to branch out and pick up books that look interesting. Walmart seems to make this easy with $5 books and even made easier with FREE** ones from the Library. **assuming you return them on time.

I also added a gadget to tracking my reading. Check it out! I have posted my "read" and "still reading" books.
If you would like to suggest a book, send it my way! I would love to add it to my shelf.

3 comments:

tblattman said...

I have had the same problem with reading. Jake and the kids have been the priority. I enjoy a good read right before I go to bed. I just signed up with GOODREADS: (http://www.goodreads.com)

tblattman said...

Interesting... I just found out Matt, Kathy, and Will are all members of goodreads.

SarahPyrah said...

Thanks for the site! I will openingly admit that I often judge a book by its cover. I like how they look on my self, so it is a factor :)