Monday, August 18, 2008

Two Part Weekend


We had a great weekend. On Saturday we went to Lake Tahoe with Heather, Joey and Max. Mom came to and she met her friend Nancy Johnson (they were going to the high school reunion together).


The kids loved the lake and it was such a beautiful day.



We came home and cleaned up and then the Lights came over for dinner and canning.

Heather and I worked on some Tomatoes.

I finished up the peaches today.

Have to say that I am a little pooped.

PS. Heather, the peaches made 14 pints. I should be able to run them to you this week.


4 comments:

Heather's Pink said...

Oh, how I miss Sand Harbor. August is perfect. The water is as warm as it gets, there are not as many people there as there are in July, and the crawdads are easier to see. Do you know where they hideout? If you go to the little cove to the right of the amphitheater (also known as Scuba Cove)there are some huge boulders that separate it from another cove. They are in amongst those boulders. Just take some string with a hot dog on the end of it (they prefer the cheese filled) and dangle it in the water right next to the rocks. You can see them come out and grab it. Then we plopped them in buckets and the kids tried not to get pinched while they played with them. So fun!! Even the adults get into it.

I am impressed with your canning. Are the peaches and tomatoes from the Blattman Family Farm?

You are making me home sick. I wish we could be there.

K

SarahPyrah said...

Funny enough, it was the first time I had EVER been to lake tahoe. I was successful in getting a pretty bad sunburn on my right ankle, why there, not sure.

I think we will look for the crawdads and then off to find the nudists :)

Heather's Pink said...

The nudies are a bit down the road towards Incline Village. Don't ask how I know:)

Kenyon and Karyn said...

I didn't know that's what the lake looked like. I guess we've only been ot the mountains in the winter over there. I wish I'd known how pretty it is there sooner!! LOVE the Pictures! :)