Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My 'Election' Coverage

So with election time here again I thought we would share our version of the 'election'. You see, it's finally time for me to find a job. A real job. Not one of those work your way through school jobs. Jessica has grown weary of my joblessness and so we're trying to decide on a candidate. So we thought we'd share our experiences as they come. Plus, Matt is doing it and he can do it...

First up... San Diego. I went down there last weekend to interview with Solar Turbines. They are a really good company who makes turbine engines for generators and such (as opposed to making them for airplanes). They are a smaller company (~3000) and are located right on the harbor in San Diego. The interview seemed to go okay and at least they paid for lunch!

I stopped off to see the San Diego temple. I met a crazy guy out front named Bill. Bill took a liking to me right away as soon as he found out our names rhymed. Bill followed me around while I took pictures and even offered to hold up some flowers for me to photograph. Good ol' Bill.



I went to the beach right after that but it was cold and windy so I didn't get near the water. But it was still nice.


Next up... Seattle.

3 comments:

heatlight said...

is that you and Bill sharing a romantic stroll on the beach??

SarahPyrah said...

good luck becoming "grownup". Staying up late and eating all the cookies doesn't seem fair compensation for all the other stuff you have leave behind in your childhood...

willblatt said...

Bill would've followed me if I hadn't given him the slip at the temple. I wonder if those people knew I took their picture? Oh well, not much they can do about it now.