Thursday, December 4, 2008

***sigh*** we have been busy this week

So we whisked off to Idaho for Thanksgiving and farewell to Chris' folks. We had a great time being with family and see everyone. We made the "Flat Stanleys" of each grandchild on the Pyrah side and they are off on the mission to WI too.

I contributed this master piece for the Thanksgiving feast, I thought he was almost too cute to eat. When we got back I went nuts on holiday decorating and christmas shopping/wrapping. My house is not messy, we just have a lot of memories in the making all at once.
We decorated the tree and put some lights on our scraggily tree out front. It really put us all in the festive mood. Have to say that I even bought a christmas CD to listen to. Of course it doesn't hurt that Michael Buble is singin' the christmas songs.
I almost have all the christmas shopping done and I am so glad! Just a few last minute items left and our family exchange. We all head to walmart and split up in groups. It is fun to see Em and Mo actually save (or should I say even earn)their allowance this month to get ready for this.
Oh and we also had Jacob's 2nd Birthday party tonight. He got the best gift ever and he could not be torn away from it, even for cake and icecream. He is obsessed with Hot Wheels and cars!




I also need to put this picture on of Chris' catch on Wed. He was so proud. This is only 1 picture of the 20 he made me take. The fish measured about 30 inches. I have to say it was HUGE. (and gross, I was gagging the whole time as it oozed and the gushed blood as he tried to filet it....)

7 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jessica said...

I love Michael Buble. Your turkey is cute! Happy Birthday to Jakers!

Heather's Pink said...

Happy Birthday Jakers!

Jim said...

What a beauty!

Jim said...

I meant the turkey. I'm only envious of the fish.

jessica said...

By the way, is there a photo "theme for the month?"