Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight the Movie

If you have not seen the movie,
DO NOT READ THIS POST!!

But just have to say, I was not a fan of the movie. Prior to going to the movie, the reviews I read said it stayed true to the book. However, I was surprised at the numerous events out of sequence are generalized. It made it difficult to watch. I imagine that if you did not read the book, the movie was great and entertaining.
But I was frustarted by the numerous lags in dialogue and shots of the tree canopy and thought of all the other things they could have included instead, but didn't.

Heather and I just laughed at the crazed look on Jasper's face and Emmett's velour jog suit...
I think that they got the characters for Esme, Alice, James, Laurent spot on.

I am not a hater, just loved the books! I can't wait for the book that is suppose to be written from Edward's spective!

2 comments:

Negin said...

I agree I was so disappointed in so many of the ways they did things. One of my favorite things about the book was their dialogue the fact that they spent time getting to know each other. They only thing I really liked was their awkwardness especially in the begining when he first smells her and looks like he is going to vomit. other than that it was so off. And ya Jasper looked like he was on drugs or something.

jessica said...

I totally agree. The movie was difficult to watch at some points. I knew I was going to have problems when I realized I liked Carlyle better than Edward. I wasn't a fan of the venom getting sucked out of her arm at the end. I guess I just always pictured Edward to be a little more regal.