Sunday, July 27, 2008

We Have a Blattman Down

Urgent health news. Synnova has contracted the rare disease Jake had a few months ago. We hope it does not spread to the rest of the family.

Yesterday we were riding to the middle school about 1/4 mile away to launch Synnova's first rocket. She was excited to build it at first, then lost interest and then regained interest when it was time to use spray paint and apply the stickers. Needless to say she was excited when she fastened her helmet and hoped on her bike. About 2 blocks into the ride she starts yelling, "Dad, wait up...Dad, wait up...Dad, wait up". Dad was too far ahead to hear and she then started swerving, fell and skidded on the side of her face down the rest of the hill. We were thankful she had on her helmet because it was completely sanded down in the front by the road and saved her skull. Her mouth however was not so fortunate. She now has lips about the size of peanuts. Her crooked tooth is now miraculously straight due to the fact that only half of it is there. Her permanent tooth in the front is chipped badly and we see the dentist tomorrow.

She was mortified at the the thought of having her hamburger face posted on the blog, so refer back to Jake's post a few weeks back and imagine that on Synnova's lips. I hope to have pictures in a few days. We'll see if I can coax it out of her.

Until then everyone BIKE SAFELY AND ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET! It saves lives.

3 comments:

willblatt said...

Synnova, you've officially inspired me to dig out my helmet when ever I rid my bike and to force hudson to do the same. Oh, and we're also out of ground beef.

SarahPyrah said...

H - Heck yes, you have to wear the helmet!
E - Everyone is wearing a helmet, put it one!
L - Look! I don't care if your friends aren't wearing a helmet.
M - My daddy made me wear a helmet and you will to.
E - Each time you ride, YES!
T - Tough, I said put your helmet on!

Heather's Pink said...

You are so clever.