Thursday, July 24, 2008

Such a Lemming...

I joined the increasing number of people who read the Twilight series.
I read books 1 and 2 in a matter of 48 hours (broken up by segments of eating, going to the bathroom and sleeping). Much to the dismay of my husband, this consumed my time. I had to wait an agonizing 10 days to receive book 3 and devoured it in 24 hours (again - broken up by segments of eating, going to the bathroom and sleeping).

I really enjoyed the series and the writing style of the author. She was simplistic but at the same time could bring the visualization of exact charoriography to the characters and story. It has been a long time since I have read a book that played like a movie in my head.

I was, however, a little disappointed by the ending of book 3. I was looking for mor info and finalization. I can only anticipate the final book #4 Breaking Dawn.

I also can't wait to read the story from Edward's perspective: Midnight Sun Chapter 1 .

The part of this whole thing is that I started reading again...now I don't have to be such a hypocrite to my kids when I force them to read each day, I can read my book too.

2 comments:

Tess Pyrah said...

YEAH! So glad you saw the light and joined the Twilight Saga Club! I hear you on the closure bit but we just have a 8 days left to find out the rest of the story.

jessica said...

I love the books too, but I am a little nervous for the movies. Cedric Diggory isn't exactly what I pictured for Edward, Chris Kline would be more my style. Then again Will says that I must have a 17 year old girl living in my body if I like the books. Maybe I should make him read them and see if he has one living in him too.