Monday, May 30, 2011

Remembering on Memorial Day

we were able to get to the Mountain View Cemetary today and put some floweres on the name markers for Grandpa and Gramma Markham, Ward and Gramma Dee. I think Pam and Grant may have also been there because there were some lovely flowers already there. It was a nice warm day and sunny. It was quite impressive and inspiring to see the waves of flags placed on the veterens graves.
We searched for Benny's gravestone also but I could not find it. I hope to return this week and try again. So many markers were grown over and I am sure it is there, I just need to look harder.
If you have a good memory of our loved ones, please share it in comments!

1 comment:

Heather's Pink said...

I miss going to their graves! We would go every year we lived in Reno/Carson City. It makes Memorial Day more meaningful. I am so glad you guys went. I know where Benny's gravestone is, but it is hard to explain. It is up the hill in a corner by a big tree. No very helpful:)