Monday, August 31, 2009

canning and camping

Worked on some canning with my mom. We had the camp stove set up outside and it worked well to keep the temp. down inside. We ended up doing 35 jars of Peaches and 12 jars of Apple pie filling, only getting through half of the peach harvest, and barely a dent in the apples. In two weeks we will be doing 50 lbs. of pears I bought through the church orchard and probably more apples. I am pioneer woman, hear me roar!
I was pretty sore today just from all the standing (my hips are a bit wider these days) but was pretty excited to fill some shelves.

The girls, the boy and Chris all camped out Friday night in the back yard and also roasted marshmellows. I was tucked away in a real bed due to my present condition ;). Saturday night was less successful with the sleeping in a tent when Morgan had a panic attack and tears over a discovery of a spider in the tent. The a kids stampede came running inside sleeping bags and all. (eye roll), wimps. The kids also went catfish and cradad (sp?) fishing with grandpa and Jakey managed to fall in the stream.

overall a successful weekend! Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: