Thursday, June 25, 2009

Food Storage meet my Grocery list...

We had an enrichment fair a few weeks ago and one of the booths was on how to shop for 3 months supply and plan meals accordingly. I was excited about this and went home and cleaned/inventoried my cupboards.
Anyway, the list and recipes come in excel worksheet and they figure for you how much you would have to buy. There is a just 1 month option also.

If you are interested in looking at it, I can forward to you in email. Just drop a note here with your email.

Also, I went shopping last night at Costco. I planned on getting the 1 month supply to see how this goes, and when in Costco....I actually ended up with about 60 days worth of food and the bill was only $350. This is about what we pay in 1 month. So I was excited that I paid 1 months grocery bill and got 2 months supply. I expect we will have to go to the store for incidentals, but this is a great savings.

Sarah

4 comments:

Alli said...

I totally want a copy :-).

jessica said...

very nice!

Kellie said...

Send it my way! Always about cutting corners, especially when it comes to meal planning :)

Heather's Pink said...

Can I get a copy?