Monday, May 19, 2008

Mistaken Identity

So yesterday at church there were some visitors to our ward. They were there for a baby blessing in the Vance family (probably means nothing to most of you). Anyway they were talking in the foyer with me and some other people when one of the Vance sisters introduced me to her other sister. She said to her sister, "You know Dan Blattman, right..." (This is how I am introduced most of the time in Dayton) I know how it bothers Matt to only be known by association of Dan or Joe, but this was great- Her sister said, "No, I don't remember Dan. I only knew his older brother, Dave." "Dave?? There is no Dave," I said. So not only is Matt only known as Dan's brother, but he is also known as "Dave." Funny thing is that this isn't the first time it has happened. So does Matt have a secret identity as Dave???

6 comments:

Heather's Pink said...

are you afraid to post this on your own site? Vance girls are dangerous, right Dave?

willblatt said...

Maybe that's what Matt went by in college. You know, for those 'situations' where you need a different name. Mighty helpful, if you ask me.

Heather's Pink said...

Heather, this has nothing to do with this post, but I was reading your blog and noticed Jordan commented. Is that short term memory loss Jordan? Is he married? And, does his wife play practical jokes on him all the time? Or, does he just ask her who she is every day.

Guano & Associates said...

The only "Vance" I can remember was part of the duo that I went on a blind double date with once (I was on the date with the other one). After I wasn't interested, the two of them used to sit behind me and Kathy in the university ward and say nasty things about me and my beard when I wasn't around. Soooo...the only thing I can think of is that either she remembers me as "Dave" just another form of hatred towards me OR she's superimposing me and my roommate at the time, Dave Cox. Who knows, but not only am I remembered as Dan's brother, but as the wrong name. Gotta love it!

heatlight said...

Yep, very same Jordan. Funny how he remembers me, huh? When Joey and I had been married a couple months he came up to me and gave me a big bear hug and then he remembered I was married and got quite embarrassed. You should check out his blog with his ginormous baby! Maybe he forgets that he just fed him and feeds him again.

Heather's Pink said...

Ok, Heather I checked it out and all I could think of was, "Big man(baby) in a little suit". So funny!